Counselling gives you an opportunity to think and talk about what’s going on for you, to understand more about why you are feeling as you do and offer space to consider any changes you may like to make.
Counselling gives an environment in which you can begin to explore what is troubling you without the fear of judgement and without the intrusion of someone else’s opinions and needs. Sometimes counselling may not provide what you are looking for but, in my experience, people find it helpful.
What type of issues can benefit from counselling?
- Relationship difficulties
- Panic Attacks
- Issues surrounding identity, low self worth/esteem
- Loss and bereavement
- Issues arising from abuse
- Transitions and life stages
- Work-related difficulties
The benefits of counselling can include:
- increased confidence and self esteeem
- ability to cope better in difficult circumstances
- more effective communication
- clarification of confused thoughts and feelings
- opportunities for personal development
- the potential to become unstuck and grow
- personal insight
- emotional health